Monday, April 02, 2007

Baby Shower and Kitchen Update!

Steve and I spent the weekend in Connecticut so I could attend my baby shower. It was a lovely afternoon filled with family, friends and much joy all around. People are so generous with their time and money I am truly touched!





The kitchen is still totally gutted, right now they seem to be replacing one of our structural beams that support the ceiling of the kitchen. This was a planned repair as the carpenter didn’t think the old one was sufficient or installed properly. In addition it allows us to raise the ceiling height a few more inches. Steve can correct me if I am wrong on any of those details. We also had some collateral damage from all the pounding. One of the tiles (luckily hidden behind the toilet) in our upstairs bath broke in multiple pieces and fell off the wall, and a small piece of plaster in the dining room that abuts that ½ bath that is gutted feel off. Given the plaster is 80 years old and the interior wall there appears to be only 1-2 inches deep, I can’t say I am shocked.



No comments: