Monday, December 31, 2007

By request...

We served this to our cousins, Nikki, Rob and Robby last week and Nikki liked it enough to ask for the recipe.

grilled chicken with oregano, cinnamon and paprika

served with

tomato and red onion compote


We are just catching up with life having returned for 2 nearly back-to-back trips out of state!

Some interesting things:

1) Steve and I had passports that expired a month or two ago.

Time from day sent to day received: 11 business days

The backlog is truly over! Actually, it may have been as few as 8 since we had our mail held and I am even counting Christmas Eve as a business day since it isn't a federal holiday. Those who haven't seen the new passports are in for a surprise. They are quite flashy, even tacky in my opinion. Each page has images and quotes of/from American icons (statue of liberty, Mt. Rushmore etc.) drawn in a way I would describe as propagandistic, considering they are designed to be seen by foreign officials. There is also an overbearing abundance of eagles. It looks like the same people who designed the intro to the The Colbert Report made it.

2) We discovered our screen door has a storm door. Oops, we should have noticed that in our basement last year. It looks a lot nicer than the green fleece blanket we had hanging over our door last winter. Good thing I took to riding our exercise bike about 2 weeks ago and noticed it. (You can tell how much we used it last winter).

1 comment:

nemens said...

I was also impressed w/ the turn around time on passports. My renewal came quickly (a couple of weeks) and Robby's new passport arrived in less than a month.

I also agree - I liked the old design of passports better.